Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Deep Sea Fishing

I went fishing for the first time yesterday!

A group of us from work went out as a part of a group of 50 from Plymouth. I was a bit "bleh" for having to wake up at 4am to drive down, but in retrospect it was only a small price to pay for a rare experience. Funny how 75% (?) of earth's surface is covered with water and yet how most of us confine ourselves on land?

Right after we anchored about 2 hours out of Plymouth, we saw a curious baby seal stealing looks at us about 10 yards from the boat. It was sooo cute that I decided that even if i don't catch any fish, seeing a seal in a natural setting was worth it.


Sorry for half-assing this one, but long story short, I *sort of* caught an eel (eeek!) as a part of the claustrofuck that was a mess of tangled fishing lines. The crew boy just gave me the ugly one. It was good though, I cooked it with ginger. The anterior half is still in my freezer.

No comments: