Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 18 & 19

Day 18

start: Pewamo, MI
end: Cedar Springs, MI
mileage: 51

Despite the late start, I didn't spend a lot of time on the road.  There was a good tailwind, plus beyond Cedar Springs, there wasn't really lodging options until Muskegon, more than 30 miles away where I will take the ferry.

With that, I decided to set up camp in Cedar Spring, after spending too much time at a local game/coffee shop for free wifi. Cell phone reception is spotty in some places and one needs an occasional fix of useless information!

Day 19

start: Cedar Springs, MI
end: Muskegon, MI (by bike), Milwaukee, WI (by ferry), Chicago, IL (by car)
mileage ridden: 39.4

It started raining right after I packed up my tent, and poured once I hit the road.  Forecast didn't look better for later in the morning, so I decided to keep going and try to catch the 10:15am ferry.  Got there just in time, but wet, tired, and cold.  It was great to get off the ferry and see my sister Cathy waiting for me.  She took me to a Korean supermarket and we had yummy Korean food.  It was an exciting and comforting change from sandwiches pasta, apples, and bananas...


No comments: