Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hopes and Fears

Five more days. I need to start packing!

Hopefully the Kevlar tires I bought at $32.99 a piece will keep me flat-free and save me time and frustration for the whole trip. And the rain jacket will be awesome and prevent me from being wet, tired, and miserable (as opposed to just tired and miserable??). And the camera will hold up... and I won't get into any stupid accidents... and laundered jerseys will dry quickly so I can have clean ones everyday.

I think I have what it takes now to do the trip. At some point, it becomes just a mental game. I really really hope that I won't crack under the pressure of fatigue and have to walk up a hill. No. That will be a personal defeat and I'll try really hard keep my spirits up and push it. But yeah, that's my biggest fear.

We'll see how it all turns out. *wink*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, as I promised, I'm leaving comments....

so dad was really obsessed with the food you are going to eat, and was...just doing his usual stuff, sigh. yeah, things here arenot so exciting. Except that I went to a free NY Phil memeorial concert on monday, and went to see NYC Ballet on tuesday, and gonna go see another free recital today... this is as much fun as I'll ever get this summer, I think.

Anyway. I got your message, and hope you are not too broken right now. keep on writing, and on that note, keep on riding! >_<

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I also take it as a note of defeat when having to walk the bike. :-[ I remember that during the Tour du Port. Memories..

Anonymous said...

and I'm dropping by again, how's your knee doing?

I'm so confused about my job, it's not even funny. No one bothers to tell me anything and no one seems to know what is going on. ahhhh.

Hope you are having a better time than I am.