Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In retrospect

It's May! Scary. In 22 days I'll graduate and then three days later I'll start out and bike to San Francisco. As cool as it is to nonchanlantly say "oh, I'm biking across the country" when people ask me about summer plans, the thought of me propelling myself from the one coastline to another is still... how should I put it... daunting? I can't believe how far we've come already and that everything is coming to an end... and beginning... all in a very short period of time.

Mother's Day coming up soon. I know I can't ignore it like I do Valentine's Day but what do I do?

Mom used to tell me about the times when she went hiking and on road trips during her "younger days", but now I can't remember any of the details. Well. At least I know that the tomboy in her is still very much alive in me.... and that she would have done something silly like biking across the country if she could. All the sights, sounds, tastes, and feelings that she didn't have time to experience, I'll open myself up to them this summer for her. That's it.

No comments: