Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

Homewood, pt. II

I think I'm addicted to traveling. I went down to Baltimore again this past weekend for the Alumni game/party. It was awesome to see my old teammates who have graduated, friends still in school, and the new players who I've gotten to know briefly from the two times that I played with the team in the fall.

The trip in brief:
Friday
6pm - got the next to the last seat on the chinatown bus. last row, in the middle between ipod guy and PSP guy.
10pm - got the next to the last illegit seat on the Chinatown <-> Flushing shuttle. I sat on a tiny fold-out chair right next to the driver and hoped that I don't die.
10: 40pm - home

Saturday
6am - LIRR train to Penn Station
6:45am - Amtrak to Baltimore
9:30am - cab to Charles Village
9:40am - found Kaplan's house but could not enter... no one's awake.
noon - Alumni game at BWI, complete with mud and lots of heckling. We had our own Women's game too. It was awesome.... except for the sprained ankle.
11pm - Alumni Party. was great.

Sunday
2am - sleep
5am - woke up
6am - on a 7hr train ride back to Boston. I slept well past Conneticut I think.

Call me crazy, but I really enjoyed my brief stay... and did not mind the long travel. As much as I miss college life, the working life ain't half bad either...mainly because I no longer have to squeeze every penny as hard I guess =]

"Can I have some Ibuprophen?"
"Sure. Wash it down with a drink?"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, travel is always good. I think it gets me away form the normal life and crowd that makes you age fast. And I have your blog open with your 4k pictures to keep me pumped for the night. :)

Anonymous said...

Homewood, twice?

Are you becoming a Baltimore lover like me?
-T

Anonymous said...

Homewood, twice?

Are you becoming a Baltimore lover like me?
-T